Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good Morning

Good Morning World! Not that it's so early, but now that I have my morning coffee I'm more able to function.

I don't really like coffee. That's the thing. It is a legal stimulant, and I belong to the Night Owl group (on one list of priests we call it Night Owls for Christ), and so I am NOT a morning person. The world doesn't favor those of use who are not morning people. The world just goes on without us, so we're forced to make difficult choices in life. Either burn it at both ends, or live "an alternate lifestyle" and not be able to keep up with the rest of the world on its schedule.

I fit into both groups. I burn it at both ends too often, and then there's the me who doesn't care about the world's schedule, and I keep pace with my night owl buddies (including my daughter Rose). It's a genetic thing! My mother was a night owl too. We spent many long nights together in her old age talking, playing games, watching movies, having tea. The three of us, Rose, Mom and I were like clones when it came to the night hours. We'd be prowling the house while my husband was in neverland sleeping peacefully, and then up early to function with normal people. How he dealt with 3 of us I don't know.

Now it's just me he deals with for the most part. So, I try to compromise. I have my laptop in our room now. I have a comfortable chair there too. I can stay up reading. I can watch a movie or chat with friends, or just write. I have earphones, so my music doesn't keep him awake. Strange thing this night life.

And, here's the funny part. I have 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 6 birds. They are ALL on my schedule. I think I have the only birds that are chattering among themselves at 3 AM. My cockatiel whistles The Nutcracker or 1812 Overture in the middle of the night! I tell them "Every other bird in the woods is asleep...but you guys!" And they just go on talking and singing. They doze off around dawn. My dogs are the same. The cats? They sleep all day and night.

But the world goes on, and I don't want to miss out on that either, so Good Morning! Have a cuppa jo!

No comments: