Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Yeah, On What's REALLY Important

Tonight as I was playing with one of my websites I was looking for clip art to use next to the titles of my blogs. Little animals for the spirituality of animal care, teacups for the teapot spirituality blog, etc. Then I was look for one that could represent this blog. A piece of clip art about what is really important. That's right. Clip art expressing the important things in life.

I put in all kinds of keywords about things I thought were important to me, and so I figured to others too. Family, belonging, love, peace, goodness (only one clipart on Microsoft for "goodness" isn't that scary?), friendship, joy...I tried a lot of important concepts. All those things we crave and need in life. Somehow as appropriate as many seemed, I didn't click with any until I found a small icon of a person simply praying.

Why would that strike me as the best representation for what is really important at the end of the day? I think it's because it was a perfect example of what we truly need, what will keep us focussed on the most import parts of life, the very reason for life. When we truly pray, we must be humble. To truly pray we need to admit we need. We need to admit we are not complete in ourselves. We find peace we recognize we have everything we crave and need in our Creator! At the end of the day, we are who we are, what we are--creatures. Yet we are such blessed creatures, loved infinitely by our Infinite God! At the end of the day, we can rest...in peace. At the end of the day, it is our relationship with this loving God that is most important.

What a joy, and a comfort to know where we stand...loved eternally. Yeah, that's what's really important, and when that really sinks in, how can we but respond in love?

Thank you God, for this reminder of what is most important. And thank You for wanting my love in return. What a great end to the day.

Goodnight God.

No comments: